Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I feel unusually protective of her. She knows so much she shouldn't have to right now, and I'm so proud of all the things she already feels from her head to her toes that take some people a lifetime to stop and pay attention to.
(She'll save her own life by living.)
And sometimes I wonder, if she could have the good without the bad, too. If she would be as whole without the parts that I would never have let her have if the universe were up to me.

I never want her to ever feel like she can't ever be enough. I want to applaud her beautiful dreams and always run the race alongside her, always never looking behind...because all that's left back there is dust.

I want her to make good heart-decisions, and to not question herself. I wish away from her every stu[id mistake I've made, every decision that's torn me through. I bless her with good common sense, brassiness, and truth shining bright into her soul. I don't want her to wake up some morning wondering what what what was that mess she got into...but to remember herself and learn herself through and through, even though it has some scary parts. I want her to believe that she's the leading lady in her drama, because it's so obviously true to the rest of us.
I want her to forgive herself through and through, and believe it every new day. Believe there is a True Love Being who already knows all of these things and all of her nows and futures, and calls the whole of her

beautiful, lovely

bride.

I want her to always feel wanted, but not in that skeezy way that is twisted up and is wringing out its foul dishwater all over the sky. Just in the comfortable, inviting, excited way. Like the meet-her-at-the-arrivals-gate way, or the shhhh-surprise-birthday-party-lights-on-quick way.

Because she means so much to me. I have seen her in all of herself, and herself sticking to me, and love her everyday for being.

So don't you dare hurt her, don't you dare subtly poke her with sharp stick-words, don't you even dare to give her snakes instead of a loaf of bread...because she is love and to hurt love is to destroy
yourself.

And also, please look out for her when she's in faraway places that I can't reach, that I can't hear, or run to fast enough to embrace her.

No comments: