Tuesday, July 12, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9qUMr6feOI

There are those moments
when I wish I had skin the color of dark cacao
and history written through my blood, stretched over the palms of my hands
I could shave my head or let my mane loose wild all-over
and either would transfix you, bring new life into a concrete river
and I'd have a throaty laugh with smooth white teeth that shine like diamonds
and oooooh you know I'd let them sparkle with every happiness I thought out loud
(so you'd know just how rich a life can be)

and there are those moments when I want to sashay
and sway down a lazy street with my femininity displayed for all the world to see
my hips speaking of the love my insides hold
the futures they know
and I'd fling the doubts aside, the raised eyebrows would start to dance
along with the rhythm bouncing through my veins

And the sun would shine on through, shine right on through.

No comments: